If you want to cancel your Walmart order, you’ll need a little bit of ninja action. It’s all about timing. You have to perfectly time the return so that you can cancel before the status switches from Processing to Shipped.
Once Shipped, you can no longer cancel the order without jumping through more hoops. Processing to shipping may take a few hours, however, so you don’t need to panic just yet. Here is a look at the recourse that you have for canceling at various stages of the order process.
In this post, we will guide you through the steps to take to ensure you can cancel your Walmart order on time and not incur any of the associated costs.
How to Cancel Walmart Order Before It is Shipped
Before your item is shipped and the status of the item is at Processing, it is easy to cancel your order. Here’s what you have to do.
- Go to walmart.com and move your cursor to the top-right corner.
- Click on the Account icon and click on the Track Order.
- You’ll need to input your email address on the next page along with the Walmart order number. You’ll find the order number on the confirmation email in your inbox.
- Once you find your order page, you’ll hopefully see a Cancel option next to every item. Click on the Cancel button. Note that this step is irreversible.
- Wait for the confirmation email to appear in your inbox. If you don’t see it there after a while, look in the Junk or Spam folder. If you don’t find it there, you should check the status of your order.
Make sure to follow these step by step to ensure you are able to cancel the order successfully.
Providing you have your account details, order number and get in before the item is shipped, you’ll be well positioned to canel and receive a full refund.
How to Check the Status of Your Cancelled Order
After placing a cancellation request, you can check the status of your order through the track order Walmart page:
- Head to the Track your order link and enter your email address and the thirteen-digit order number on your order confirmation email. Note that you can access this page with or without an account on Walmart.com.
- If you change your mind about the order cancellation request, unfortunately, there’s not much that can be done. Once the order is successfully canceled, you can only place a new order for the same items you canceled.
I Don’t see a Cancel Option for My Walmart Order
If you don’t see the option to Cancel next to your order items, it’s very likely that the item processing is too far along. There’s not much you can do at this point. You can wait for the order to arrive and then start a Returns process.
Unfortunately there is little you can do in the immediate term if your order has been shipped by the company, however Walmart do operate a generous return and refund policy.
If you don’t see an option to cancel, don’t lose hope. You can still return the item, albeit a little more inconvenient.
How to Cancel A Shipped-to-Store Item Without a Walmart.com Account?
If you’re not a regular Walmart user, chances are you don’t have a Walmart.com account.
But you can place an order using a guest account. What happens when you order an item that’s shipped to the store nearest you, and you decide you don’t need it anymore?
Your best bet would be to call the store near you and ask. There are frequent updates on Walmart policies and different stores may treat the matter differently. Chances are, your store will tell you to ignore the order and let it expire.
The store may then send it back to their warehouse without you having to pay any kind of restocking or other fee.
Amazon also operates customer service over the phone, online and in-store, giving you ample opportunity to get in touch with the company to get your money returned quickly.
See Also: Airbnb cancellation