According to Tillys return policy, you can return most online purchases with tags and receipt within 60 days for a full cash refund, but not items on sale. You get store credit against discounted item returns. Afterpay orders can only be returned by mail.
Introduction To Tillys Return Policy
Tillys has a reasonably customer-friendly return policy, though you don’t have an unlimited return window. Rather than frantically searching for the rules for Tilly’s pay after returns or no receipt policies at the last minute, read on to find out all you need to know about sending unwanted purchases back. It’s not rocket science, but there are a few things you might miss on the official website. I’ve collected all the things you need to know here step by step, to help the morning after a regretful shopping binge!
How to Make Returns At Tillys!
You can either return an item you wish you hadn’t bought at the store or online.
To return a purchase to a Tillys store near you, here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure your item can be returned.
- Use the store locator to find the Tillys nearest to you.
- Remember that by Tilly’s return policy, without a receipt you may not be able to apply for a refund.
To return a purchase online, follow the steps below:
- Again, make sure your item qualifies for return.
- Visit the returns page on the site.
- Click the button to either Return Item or Return Gift and then follow the instructions.
- You’ll be asked to print a return label.
- Note that normally the amount of $7 will be deducted from your refund, as the cost of the return label.
- You can send the return package, with the item and receipt inside, and the return label pasted on the box. Either use the USPS collection box (blue), drop the package in your post box, hand it to the postal carrier or send it via the post office.
- You can also request free pick up by USPS at www.usps.com/pickup.
- The package needs to be sent to the following address:
Irvine, CA 92618
- If you want to modify an existing pickup, click through to this link.
Getting a Refund – Tillys Refund Policy
Tilly’s return policy on sale items is very clear – you can only get store credit against sale item returns. But if you want to get a full refund (minus shipping) on your full price item, you must apply within sixty days. Note that according to Tilly’s return policy shipping for returns is not usually free.
|Return window /Mode of payment||Mode of refund|
|Credit card/debit/cash||Original mode of payment|
|Sale items returned in 60 days||Store credit|
Return Policies Across Product Categories
Tillys generally lets you return most full-priced items except some that are listed below in the table. Many people wonder about Tillys return policy without tag. Experience has shown that Tillys will not take back your item if you’ve ripped the tag, worn the item of clothing, and then washed it before deciding you didn’t like it.
- Special deadlines thankfully apply in the holiday season. For items that you buy in November and December can be exchanged until January 15th. So you can enjoy a leeway of about a half a month at holiday season, in which to return that gift you wish you had not bought on a whim.
Here is a list of the items that can and cannot be returned:
|Products and purchases||Product condition||Return policy|
|All eligible (full-price) online purchases||With tags and receipt, unwashed and unworn||Within 60 days.|
|All sale merchandise||With tags and receipt, unwashed and unworn||For Tillys store credit.|
|Final sale items (ending in 0.97 cents)||Cannot be returned.|
|Undergarments, swimwear, goggles, sunglasses, jewelry, watches, CDs, skateboards, cosmetics & Blind Boxes.||Cannot be returned.|
|Shoe boxes||Without tape or other shipping labels||Within 60 days|
Tillys Exchange Policy
Unfortunately, items bought online cannot be exchanged. You’d have to return the item and place a new order if you wanted a different one.
You can also exchange the item at a store nearest you. But don’t fret if all of Tilly’s stores are closed. Drastic times need special measures. There’s a 30-day grace period after your nearest store opens, during which you can go and exchange the item.
FAQs About Tillys Return Policy
Q. Can you return something to Tillys without a receipt?
Tilly’s doesn’t encourage returns without a receipt. But if you absolutely cannot locate your receipt, you can at best exchange the item in-store for something else priced the same or lower. If you want an online return, contact customer care for a copy of your receipt.
Q. Does Tillys offer free returns?
No, Tillys usually charges a $7 return label fee. Due to special circumstances on account of COVID, this fee is currently waived. But probably not for long!
Q. Can you return shoes after wearing them once?
Shoes can be returned as long as they have their tags on and all paperwork is intact.
Q. How do I return Afterpay orders?
Tillys return with Afterpay policy says that you can only return such items by mail.
Tillys lets you return items you’re having second thoughts about. But make sure you don’t dawdle too long or remove the tags. There are plenty of reasons to keep your receipts safe until you’ve made up your mind once and for all about your purchase. Knowing the Tillys return policy rules before you even make a purchase will definitely make life easier.
Looking for more item’s return policies ? Find them here: Bonobos Return Policy, buy buy Baby Return Policy and Fabletic Return Policy.