Staples is an American office retail company, the company is primarily involved in the sale of office supplies and related products. Usually, we come across many questions while we try to return the product like what is Staples laptop return policy? What is Staples holiday return policy? What is Staples return policy without receipt? What is Staples online return policy? If you have bought some products from the Staples and you are not satisfied, you can conveniently return to the company. The Staples Return Policy policy is targeted at making returns easy for the users.
Here we have a detailed description of the company’s return policy, read till the end to be thorough with the policy.
What is Staples return policy?
The period for return – 30 days
You have bought some items from Staples and you are looking to return it around. Do not worry…We are here to your rescue. If you aren’t satisfied with your product, you may return or exchange your product.
Do remember to keep your purchase in original condition and the same packaging that you got it with.
However, return policies for different products vary and we will be covering them all in a separate section.
How to Return their items?
Staples gives you the option of both in-store and online returns. Below we have explained both the methods in detail for you.
Return in a store
If you wish to return your items in-store you can either call at Customer Service number 1-888-515-8880 or visit the nearby Staples store. Follow the below steps to return the Staples products.
- Before proceeding for the return you need to check the eligibility of your product for an in-store return.
- After checking the validity, collect the purchasing slip and visit your nearby Staples store.
- Go to the customer service desk and produce the items and purchasing slip to store official and they will help you in processing your return.
- Your refund will be immediately processed to your original form of payment.
What if you don’t have a sales receipt?
It is not a big headache if you are have lost the purchasing slip and you are returning your item to the same store at which you made the purchase, and you have the credit or debit card you used to make the purchase, Staples can look for the receipt in their system.
If you placed your order online, you can visit the My Orders section and reprint your receipt.
If you no longer have your receipt and Staples is not able to retrieve your transaction, your return is eligible only for an in-store credit for the lowest selling price within the previous 30 days in the US stores.
Return with a label
Return label is a return authorization slip provided by the company, which contains the detail of your products and address of returning the products.
If you wish to return your items by using the shipping label, you need to go through the following steps:
- Visit this link on Staples’s website and click on ‘I purchased it online’.
- On reaching ‘My Orders’ tab, fill in your Order ID to select the product you want to return or you want to exchange.
- Fill all the required information in the tabs provided, review your order and press the submit button to place the return order.
- Do not forget to include the purchasing receipt, Universal Product Code(UPC), manuals, parts, Original Packing with the order; else Staples will not consider the order.
- Print the return label and attest to your bag with the reason for returning mentioned.
- You can drop off your package at the nearby UPS dropbox on the address printed on the return label
Refund process and procedure
If you have made the online purchase and used methods of payment, the Staples will process the refund in the following order: Staples Credit Card, major credit card, prepaid credit card (bank-issued gift card), check and Staples Gift Card.
If you wish to return any item in the future, for which you have paid via prepaid card, it’s important to keep the card with you as the Staples requires you to process the refund to the original method of payment.
|Type of payment
|Refund and Credit Policy
|Credit card/Debit card used while purchasing
|Staples will issue a refund in the form of the original payment; if you use a credit card, you will get a refund in your credit card.
|Cash or Check
|You will be refunded via cash
|if you paid by cash, with a debit card or check and your pretax amount exceeded by $500.
|Staples will refund you via Corporate check
Timelines for different refund methods
- Major and prepaid credit cards: 3–5 days.
- Staples credit accounts: 3–5 business days.
- Gift cards: They will email you within 72 business hours and via postal mail within 7–10 business days.
- Check Via postal mail within 7–10 business days.
- Refund coupon: Via email/fax within 72 business hours and via postal mail within 7–10 days.
Return Policy for Various Products
Staples follows a flexible return policy for its customers, there are many items that cannot be returned at all and some can be returned at any time you wish to return them.
When you are returning a product ensure that the product is in its original packaging and has UPC code intact on it. Go through the below table to get more insights on the product-wise return policy of Staples.
|Products and purchases
|Unopened and in original condition
|These items can be returned at any time
|Open or Electronic downloadable software, movies and music is not returnable or refundable.
|Unopened items may be returned at any time.
|Can’t be refunded
|Ink and Toner
|Unopened and in original condition
|Unopened, unexpired items may be returned at any time. Opened or expired items can’t be refunded.
|If you fail to return the product within 30 days, Staples will redirect you to the Applecare+ store
|Furniture must be disassembled and safe for shipping
|Furniture can be returned within 14 days. Custom-ordered and custom-assembled furniture can only be returned if it’s defective when you receive it.
|30 days return
Staples Exchange Policy
Carry your receipt to exchange your product, which should be in original condition. You can exchange or return the unopened product.
However, if you have opened the items such as software you can only exchange it with the same product.
Questions from customers?
What is the Staples Customer Service Number?
You can call Customer Service number 1-888-515-8880.
What happens to Air Miles I earned, if I return the product?
If you are returning the items to the Staples, your Air Miles will be revoked.
Do Staples accept empty Ink Cartridges?
Staples accepts the empty ink or toner cartridges online or in-store and provides its customers $2 back in Staples reward which can be used by you in future shopping.
Do you know that Staples tried to acquire Office Supply (its biggest competitor) in 2015? However, due to the possibility of deal facing the antitrust issue due to the monopolization of the office supply market, it could not take off.
There are more such articles, which you can read such as Payless, Walmart, and Apple return policy. Do give these articles a read and do let us know in case of any queries about Staples Return Policy.