Sierra (earlier known as Sierra Trading Post) is an online and brick-and-mortar retailer of off-price merchandise; the firm is currently operated by the TJX Companies. Sierra has a very seamless and simplistic return policy.
The company allows you to return the defected products instantly, while for the products that have other issues can also be returned within the time frame stipulated by the company, here we will take you through the detailed return procedure of the company.
Sierra Return Policy Guide
The period for return – 40 days of your order date when purchased online (including items shipped to a store) or 30 days if purchased in store.
You have bought some items from Sierra and you aren’t satisfied with your product, you may return or exchange your product. Do remember to keep your purchase in original condition and the same packaging that you got it with.
However, if the returned item is opened and is not in original condition, then it is upon the discretion of the company to return the product.
What is the return procedure?
Returning the products from Sierra is possible in two ways either you will need to login through the account to process online return or you will have to visit the nearby store. Below we have explained both the methods in detail for you.
Do remember the following things before returning the product back to the company:
- A $6.95 ($10.95 AK.HI) shipping fee will applied to returns for refund. This fee covers return shipping from you to Sierra. Original shipping cost will not be refunded unless there was a Sierra error.
- Do remember to send the product within 10 days or else you will be applied a charge.
- For exchanges and replacements, a $2.95 shipping fee will apply on the return and $2.95 will apply to the new order (contiguous US only).
Return by a mail
If you wish to return your items by mail you need to follow the below steps:
- To start your return procedure, click here and sign in to your account.
- Go to My Account section and click on start return tab.
- Fill up all the required details and print the return label.
- After printing your shipping label and follow the instructions written on the label to proceed with the return.
- Select the “Process My Refund” option on the final page of the process.
- By following the imprinted instructions, send the items to back to the company.
Traditional Return Method
If you wish to use the traditional method of return and exchange, you need to go through the following steps:
- You need to simply fill out this return form and use the prepaid FedEx return shipping label included within your package.
- You will have to pay your own return fee.
- Mail the returns to the following address.
Sierra Trading Post
5025 Campstool Rd
Cheyenne, WY 82007-1898
Return in a store
Before returning your products, make sure that it unworn, unwashed, and undamaged. Here are some easy steps to go through, if one wants to return the merchandise by paying a visit to the nearest store:
- You can locate your nearest store by visiting this link.
- When you know your target store to return your product, pack your product in the original packing.
- Accompany your product with an original slip.
- Store personnel will help you in processing your return.
- Your refund will be immediately processed to your original form of payment.
According to Sierra Return Policy, they first assess all the orders that come to its warehouse on quality terms. If your item was defective or is in the original condition, then you will get a full refund.
However, if the product has been opened then you will be given a partial refund.
|Type of payment||Refund will process in:||Refund and Credit Policy|
|Credit card/Debit card used while purchasing||NA||Sierra will issue a refund in the form of the original payment; if you use a credit card, you will get a refund in your credit card.|
|Cash or Check||NA||You will be refunded via cash|
What is return policy for different products?
Sierra follows a very simple and specific return policy for all its products if you wish to return any item the policy is the same for all kind of merchandise.
If you are returning after completion of return timelines, you are eligible to get merchandise credit. This credit is redeemable online or in-store at any Sierra location.
|Products and purchases||Product Condition||Return Policy|
|All kind of merchandise||Unopened and in original condition||40 days of your order date when purchased online (including items shipped to a store) or 30 days if purchased in store.|
Updates on the company’s Return Policy
- Merchandise purchased in-store or online between 2/14/20 and 3/19/20 can be returned to any Sierra store for up to 30 days after your store reopens for a Refund or Store Credit.
- Sierra is currently not accepting returns by mail. When our fulfillment center re-opens, you will have 40 days to return any online purchases made between 2/14/20 and 3/19/20.
You need to follow the below instructions before returning the product:
- Repack the merchandise in sturdy packaging.
- Do remember to include a copy of the invoice with the order.
- If you do not have your invoice, check your email and reprint the invoice if you went through our online exchange/return program.
- Otherwise, you need to enclose your Customer Number, Full Name, and Billing Address with your return package.
Questions from customers?
What is the Sierra Customer Service Number?
You can request an exchange by phone by calling toll-free 1.800.713.4534 (Mon.-Fri. 7am-7pm. Sat. 8am-4pm MT).
What if I get a defected item?
Do not worry if you get a defected item, you will be given a full refund.
What if I want to return my items after 30 days?
Have you missed the return time frame? Do not worry you can still return the product but you will only get merchandise credit.
Do you know Sierra operates as part of the TJX group of companies and a store is often near or within a HomeGoods, T.J. Maxx, or Marshalls store in the same shopping center?
If you have questions or queries, you can always contact us and we will be more than happy to answer your query 🙂