Who doesn’t know about Samsung the world’s biggest electronics giant based in South Korea. Have you ever bought anything from Samsung and then worried about returning the product to the company?
Do not worry, you are at the right place this time, we will take you through the complete Samsung return policy in this article.
Samsung Return Policy Guide
The general return policy of Samsung spans 30 days. You should return the products within the first 30 days to be eligible for a refund. Also, don’t forget to keep all the tags intact.
Before you return your products with the company, make sure you take care of the following:
- If you face any issue with the product, make sure you report it within 24 hours to the company.
- Your complaint should be backed by proper graphical pictures.
- You will only be able to return products that have authorized dealer’s a tag of DOA( Dead On Arrival) intact.
|Return Period||30 Days|
|Return Method||Home pickup|
|Exchange Period||30 Days|
|Exchange Method||Online or in-store|
|Refund Period||5-7 Business Days|
|Refund Method||Method of Payment|
How To Return an Item to Samsung?
Samsung return policy is unique, and the company requires Dead On Arrival (DOA) from its customers. Below is the detailed return procedure of the company
- Firstly, to return your products, you should have your product certified as Dead on Arrival (‘DOA’) by Samsung’s authorized service centers.
- If you feel your product has performance issues, you can visit Samsung’s authorized service centers, and get your product certified as Dead on Arrival (‘DOA’)
- Samsung representatives will seal the product and accessories in the original packaging box and direct you to return the device to the seller/ retailer.
- After that, you can initiate a request at 1800 40 7267864 to arrange for the pickup.
- A guy will come for the pickup. As soon as you show him a copy/image of the DOA Sealed product, he’ll take your package to the company.
Do remember not to tamper with DOA receipt, because your product will not be returned without the receipt.
Samsung provides refunds of all its in-store and online returns through the original mode of payment.
The company requires a time of 5-7 days to refund the order to the original mode of payment. Here is a detailed view of all refund methods
|Type of payment||Refund Timeline||Refund and Credit Policy|
|Credit card/debit card||5-7days||Samsung will issue a refund in the form of the original payment; if you use a credit card, you will get a refund in your credit card. (Shipping and handling costs are not refundable)|
According to the company’s general policy, you can return most of its items within 30 days of purchase to get refunded via the original mode of payment.
The standard policy of the company is for 30 days, however, there are a few exceptions that are listed below
|Products and purchases||Product Condition||Return Policy|
|Refrigerators, television, washing machine, etc.||The product should be original condition and with IMEI number||15 days|
|Mobiles, Tablets and wearables||An issue with the product should be reported within 24 hours of the delivery||Replacement and refund will be done within 10 days of receiving of the product. Refund will reflect within 21 days in your account|
|Memory and Storage||NA||Contact Samsung service centre at 1800-40-7267864 or here|
|Consumer Electronics and Household applications||For your order to be eligible to return, the installation by Samsung engineer has to be done within 72 hours of the delivery||Your return will be made if your complaint is made within 48 hours of Samsung’s engineers’ visit.|
You should also follow the following guidelines before returning the product:
- Do not temper the DOA seal, as your product will be made ineligible for the return.
- If the product is Unboxed in the absence of installation representative or without their consent, your return claim will be refused
- Samsung reserves the right to inspect and deny the return of the product.
What is the Samsung Customer Service Number?
You can contact any of the Samsung representatives at 1800 407 267 864.
What if I got a defective item?
If you get any defective item, you can inform the company representatives within 24 hours of the delivery, and your item will be replaced.
What is DOA?
Dead On Arrival. It’s a tag used by Samsung service center after they run their checks on the product you want to return or exchange.
How long does it take to get a refund?
It takes 5-7 days to get a refund for the majority of purchases, however exceptions do apply.
Can you return a Samsung product after opening it?
Yes it is possible to return your Samsung product after opening it, providing you return it within 28 days from receiving it.
See Also: Best Buy Return Policy
Do you know that the Samsung group also make ships and contributes 15% to the GDP of South Korea?
20% of the market value of the Korean Stock Exchange is formed by Samsung Group companies.
I believe every shopper needs to be familiar with the store’s return policy before making any purchase. A total of almost 60% of shoppers end up returning their first purchase before settling for the product they like.
Feel free to share with us how your shopping experience with Samsung has gone.