HP or HP Inc. is an internationally acclaimed company that sells computers, computer parts and other technical accessories.
HP is headquartered in Palo Alto, California and it was founded 81 years ago in 1939 by Bill Hewlett and David Packard.
The whole world trusts their products but if for some reason you are not happy with your purchase, you can make a return to HP and it’s very easy.
We are providing the HP return policy in this article today in easy to understand terms, please take a look.
HP Return Process
The HP return window is 30 days.
There are a few things you should keep in mind before returning any item, keep the receipt of the product with you.
It is very important that you first get the RMA from HP before making your return.
How to return a HP merchandise?
- Get the RMA first from HP, by calling them at (888)650-1544 or using their chat option or online.
- Print the FedEx return label you will get.
- Place the item inside the original packaging.
- Affix the RMA label outside the shipping box.
- Drop the box off at a FedEx courier or to a FedEx authorized shipper. Make sure you keep the receipt of your drop off.
Some Important Points to Note
As HP Return Policy says – If your item is outside of the return window, contact HP here for return enquiries.
- Only those items purchased from the official HP site or items bought on the phone can be returned. Any item that you purchase from HP Parts Store, HP Technical Support, HP Software, HP Retailers, HP repairs doesn’t come under the return policy of HP.
- The returning products must be in a saleable condition, all the parts should be intact and there shouldn’t be any damages from the buyer’s part, or HP shall charge you a higher restocking fee.
- Original shipping and handling charges are out of the refund policy bound.
- They’ll deduct the discount you applied while purchasing items in large quantity, you’ll get the proportionate refund amount associated with your single return item.
- Of course, it goes to say without a doubt that all items that came in the original package must be returned for a full refund.
- Returning any part of an HP promotional offer, HP would take out the full price of the item(s) that are being returned from the paid total price.
- While using a financing system to buy the item, HP’s refund policy will not take into account any interest charges which are due on the loan.
- They’ll charge a 15% restocking fee for your returns with an additional sales tax wherever applicable.
- Before shipping your return, make sure that you back up your data on a hard drive, remove all confidential information and any removable media.
- Check the status of your return here.
HP Products & their return conditions
|Products||Product Condition||Return Policy|
|All Products||Products must be in their original packaging, in new-like condition with receipt.||30 days return policy|
|Gift Cards||N/A unless required by law||N/A|
|Large Format Printers||N/A||N/A|
|Any noted non-returnable product||N/A||N/A|
HP Refund Policy
|Type of Payment||Number of days you will get your refund in||Refund and Credit policy|
|Cash||5-7 days after receiving your return||Refund will be credited to your bank account|
|Credit/Debit Card||5-7 days after receiving your return||Refund will be credited to the card’s bank account|
HP COVID-19 Update
HP is following every safety guidelines of CDC and WHO, and thus only at select HP locations are in function. Also, deliveries may be delayed.
Commonly Asked Questions?
Q1. What is the HP customer support number?
A1. The HP customer support number is 1-(800)-108-4747.
Q2. Can I return my HP laptop how and in what time?
A2. Yes, you can, under 30 days of receiving your item and if you bought it from HP online or by phone.
Q3. Can you return a laptop after you use it?
A3. Yes, you can, under 30 days of receiving it with all the proofs of the purchase, all its accompanying parts and within the original packaging.
Q4. How do I avoid restocking fee/charges they levy?
A4. In that case, don’t open the box, don’t damage the product, keep the item in a new-like condition.
Q5. How long is HP warranty?
A5. It’s usually a one-year warranty on all HP products.
Over 60,000 people are hired by HP to work for it, the annual revenue of HP is $5 billion.
Also, the founders of HP, Bill Hewlett and David Packard did a coin toss to decide the company name and Bill won and got to put his name in the beginning!
Comment your queries about HP Return Policy below.