Do you have any idea what needs to be done if you see any unexplained charges on your debit/credit card and you do not know where did they come from? Who do you call or contact and what is the next step that you must take to dispute the transactions. Here we will explain the procedure on how to Dispute A Charge On Amazon? for unexplained transactions and how to get over them.
Firstly, you need to work with your respective merchant or service provider, from whose side the transaction is originating from. For instance, you can look to work with Amazon directly, rather than going to your financial institution.
It is always advisable to go directly to your merchant since they can easily issue a refund to your account and they can also serve you through other options. Contact your merchant as soon as you see any disputed charge on your account.
How to dispute a charge on Amazon?
Here we will provide you details for different methods that you can opt to resolve your transaction and get the possible refund
We have provided details for the methods:
When you transact through Amazon Pay, you are entering into an agreement between the merchant who is also a service provider and Amazon always suggest you to contact the merchant to resolve the transaction.
How to contact a merchant to resolve the issue?
- Firstly, visit your Amazon Pay account and click on Shoppers and then you can sign in using your Amazon account.
- When you will visit the activity page, you will be able to find your order and there you will have to click on details.
- After reviewing all your order details, you will be able to find a proper transaction and order details and by clicking on the contact tab you will be either able to send mail to your merchant or call at their customer care number.
When you will contact your service provider or merchant, you will have to fill the required information to initiate the communication.
- Order details, like order reference provided by the merchant and the list of items in the order.
- You will have to give the cost for each item.
- They will also require delivery details from your end indicating the date and time for product delivery or completing the transaction.
- Provide the details of the kind of the issue you are facing with your transaction.
- What is your requirement or in what way you can resolve the issue?
Next, your merchant will require you to enter different details for your transaction and if your merchant is not able to resolve your transaction, you can dispute the transaction with Amazon Pay.
Issues that can be disputed
When you are not happy with the resolution of your dispute and your issue is not directly related to the services of Amazon Pay, you will be able to dispute the transaction by filing a claim with Amazon Pay. Given below are different reasons that you might be facing for your disputed transaction:
- Your disputed transaction might have occurred due to an error in Amazon Pay transaction.
- Unauthorized charges on a credit card or bank account.
- There is a difference in the amount of amount that has been charged to you and the amount that you have paid.
- You have not received the item for which you executed the transaction.
- There was a difference between the item that you saw online and that you have bought.
If your transaction is fulfilling all the above criteria, you will able to fill and submit the transaction dispute. To know the details and other restrictions, here is the Buyer dispute program and company’s A-Z guarantee.
Dispute a transaction
- Firstly, you need to go to the Account activity tab and sign in.
- Next, you need to click on the details section of that transaction.
- When you will reach the order summary page, you will be prompted to click on Problem with this order (We hope you have a lot of problems J but they are getting resolved, don’t worry!).
- Finally, you will have to click File/View Claim and follow the instructions on that page
When you will be required to input the information and details of the transaction, you will have to fill in the information given below.
- Date of transaction
- Amount of transaction
- Order/Transaction ID
- Description of the problem
When you have submitted your claim, it is sent directly to the investigating team and they review the complaint on a first come first serve basis. Amazon officials will try to complete your transaction as soon as possible, but it can take up to 45 days. So be patient and wait for the verdict. Also, be prepared to pick the call, as the officials might contact you to get any additional information.
For physical goods that are eligible for coverage under the Amazon Pay A-to-z Guarantee for buyers, they are treated differently.
You can call Amazon at 866-216-1075 to report fraud or if you feel there has been any unauthorized access.
Scope of Policy
Unauthorized transaction policy is applicable only to unauthorized transactions on Amazon Payments Account and other bank accounts that you have registered with Amazon.
Do remember that this policy is not applicable if you have transacted through a credit card, as you will have to contact your financial institution in that case. You can refer to this link for more information.
Never disclose your password, other security questions, and any credentials that may be required to grant access to your account. If you feel that your credentials are stolen or your account has been hacked, you will have to contact Amazon officials regarding the loss of your credentials.
Also, if you think that someone else has made payment from your account without your permission, you can contact Amazon officials.
Further, Amazon defines the liability for the unauthorized transaction by assessing how quickly you have reported the fraud or unauthorized transaction to Amazon.
If you inform Amazon, within 2 business days, after the timing of any unauthorized transaction, you will only lose $50 at the most, if someone has used your ID and Password without your permission.
However, if you tell Amazon after 2 days of fraudulent activity, you will only lose $500 and if you would have informed Amazon within the time, they could have avoided the event.
Additionally, always keep a close eye on your account and look if there is any fraudulent activity that is taking place and try to inform the company within 60 calendar days of learning about the fraudulent activity.
So, Amazon recommends you keep checking your account regularly and inform in case of any unauthorized activity. However, if you are not able to report the activity within 60 days to Amazon officials, you will not be able to get back your amount, as the company will prove that they could have stopped the activity.
Amazon gives you some concession by allowing you extra time if you were facing an emergency situation, such as long trip or hospitalization.
If you have got any message that looks unauthorized to you or you did not execute that transaction, you should not make any delay and contact the company immediately. You can call the company at toll-free number (866) 216-1075, using the Contact Us page or writing to the company at:
Amazon Payments, Inc.
P.O. Box 81226
Seattle, WA 98108-1226
When you are trying to contact Amazon, you need to give them the following details to the company:
- You need to give the company your contact details, such as email address and phone number
- Explain the error that has transpired you to contact the company. There should be a clear explanation of the error
- Monetary amount that you lost
- Your contact number to which you can be reached by the company
- The name and telephone number of your bank if the error relates to a transfer to or from your bank account using your Payments Account.
Amazon is having one of the best customer-centric policies and will not let any undisputed charge happen and customer care officials take care of all the charge and try to close the charge as soon as possible to the satisfaction of the customer.
We have covered most of the information pertaining to the question – How do I dispute a charge on Amazon?
If you have any other question similar to this one, you can submit your feedback or connect with us, we will try our best to include that in the next article.
Do let us know about your feedback in the comments section and we will get back to you with answers to your possible questions and suggestions.