The HomeGoods Return policy states that you can return products along with their receipts within 30 days of buying them to get a refund or exchange. Your refund is made in the original form of payment. A 10-day processing time is needed if you want a cash refund on a check purchase.
HomeGoods, a TJX subsidiary, is a pretty popular US home décor chain store. But the HomeGoods return Policy can be quite tricky. This article is for all of you who love to shop but then have a hard time deciding whether you want to keep the product or return it.
HomeGoods Return Policy can be particularly confusing if you are trying to return a gift item or have lost your receipt. Knowing the return policy helps because “many retailers are subject to fraudulent return activity,” as HomeGoods puts it. So, I gathered all the available information and created this piece to help you with your next return process.
Return Processes and Guidelines
Unlike most retail stores, HomeGoods does not offer online purchase or return of products. Your only option is to find a store near your area and bring the item there for returning. There are two points that I will cover in this section. These are the general rules of the HomeGoods Return Policy and store return policy. You can also visit HomeGoods’ Return Policy page to see if there have been any updates.
General HomeGoods Return Policy
1. If you wish to return an item, do it within 30 days from the purchase date.
2. If you are trying to return the item after 30 days, you will not be refunded to your original payment mode. Instead, the refund will be in the form of store credit. Keep in mind that the store can choose not to make a full refund in these cases.
3. The product must be in the original condition with its tag intact.
4. You can return your item to a different store from the one you purchased.
5. The goods can be returned with or without a receipt. However, if you want to return the item without a receipt, you need to provide a valid government ID. The ID can be your Driving License, Passport, or any other proof. Additionally, you will only receive store credit if you cannot produce a sales receipt.
HomeGoods Store Return Policy
To get a full refund, try to return the product within 30 days from the day you bought it. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Visit the HomeGoods website and go to the Store Locator page.
2. Enter your zip code or city and state to find a store near you.
3. Ensure the merchandise you want to return are not damaged and have their tags intact.
4. Visit the store and talk to an employee to proceed with the return.
How to Get Your Refund?
The HomeGoods return policy is simple enough when it comes to refunding the money. Once your return is processed, you can get a full refund in the original mode of payment. It may take up to 30 days to get your refund if you paid by a credit or debit card.
Here’s a chart with the details to make it simple for you:
|Mode of Payment||Refund Processing Time||Mode of Refund|
|Credit/Debit Card||Within 10 days of the purchase date||Full refund directly to your credit/debit card|
|Check||Within 10 days of the purchase date||Cash|
|Store Credit/Gift Card||Immediately||Store credit only|
Return Policy for Different Google Products
HomeGoods has a straightforward return policy that is applicable across all their merchandise. However, keep an eye out for special promotional offers as they may not qualify for exchange or return. The store retains the right to apply other restrictions.
|Products and Purchases||Product Condition||Return Policy|
|All items||New, unused, with tags intact||Within 30 days|
|Swimwear and Intimate Apparels||New, unused, with intact tickets||Within 30 days|
HomeGoods Exchange Policy
Now that you know the return policy details let’s talk about the HomeGoods exchange policy. Following is the information you need to know if you plan to exchange an item to the store:
1. The exchange timeframe is 30 days from the purchase date.
2. You can only exchange items that are unused and in their original state.
3. Used or damaged products or products without tags will not be accepted.
4. Original packing needs to be produced during the exchange.
5. Keep the receipt with you for a smoother exchange experience.
6. If you have lost the receipt, bring a valid government ID with you.
Updated Return Policy During COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, HomeGoods has updated their store policies, including return policies, like many other stores. If a store you bought a product from is closed, you can return the item within 30 days of its reopening. You can also return the merchandise to any other open HomeGoods store.
HomeGoods states that their return policies are subject to local, state, and federal regulations. Several jurisdictions have banned the return of certain products like toilet papers and sanitizers due to COVID-19. So, I would strongly recommend you check your area’s restrictions before trying to return any product.
HomeGoods Customer Service Number: 1-800-888-0776
Can I return items to HomeGoods without a receipt?
You can return items without a receipt in exchange for store credit.
Can I opt for an online return?
HomeGoods does not offer an online return facility as of now.
Can I get a refund on gift receipts?
Gift receipts are not refunded but can be returned or exchanged for store credit.
How much time does the refund process take place?
The refund process takes up to 10 days after your product has been inspected.
Can I return/exchange used items at HomeGoods?
No, you cannot return or exchange used items as per HomeGoods terms and conditions.
So, that was everything about the HomeGoods return policy. As I said, return policies can sometimes be confusing. However, once you learn the pointers explained here by heart, nothing can stop you from getting a full refund!
Did you find the information helpful? What has been your experience with the HomeGoods return policy? Let us know in the comments section. If you like this article, share it with everyone in your life who loves to shop!