According to Carter’s Return Policy, you can exchange or return any product within 90 days of purchase. The items you are trying to return must be in unused condition. You need to show the purchase receipt or packing slip during the exchange or return to get a full refund.
Introduction to Carter’s Return Policy
Carter’s has one of the most generous return policies to accommodate their customers. If you regretted buying that wrong product for your friend’s baby shower and lost the receipt, don’t panic! Carter’s return policy without receipt is explained fairly simply on the store’s website. But sometimes we all miss out on details when we are in a rush, don’t we? So, I decided to put together everything you need to know about Carter’s return policy in a single place to make your return process a little easier.
Return Methods Explained
Carter’s “Happiness Policy,” as they call it, lets you return a product online or at the store.
Before returning any item, take a look at some general policies set by Carter’s.
1. In-store purchases cannot be returned via mail.
2. You can return any item you bought from a Company-owned Carter’s outlet or retail store at any Carter’s outlet or retail store in the U.S.
3. You can also return online purchases (except those marked “Return by Mail Only”) to any Carter’s store across the U.S.
4. “All Sales Final at Clearance only stores” in the exact words of Carter’s.
5. Carter’s return policy without tags state that items need to be in original condition with tags intact to be eligible for return.
Here’s a step-by-step guide for you to return your unwanted product at the store:
Carter’s In-Store Return Process
1. Make sure your item qualifies for a return.
2. Go to the Store Locator page to find a Carter’s nearest to you.
3. Visit the store and talk with an employee to proceed with the return.
4. Do not forget to bring your original sales receipt, gift receipt, or packing slip and the credit card used for the original purchase.
Carter’s Online Return Process
1. Once again, check your product thoroughly to ensure it is fit for return.
2. Visit the Returns page on the website.
3. Click the “Start Return” button, and it will take you to the Order Locator page.
4. You will be asked to put in your order number, email address, and zip code to proceed.
5. You will need to prepare a return label using the interactive tool on the website.
6. Then, you need to fill-up the form on the reverse side of the packing slip and attach it to the item you are returning.
7. Note that a $6 shipping cost will be deducted from your refund if you use UPS Ground by printing Carter’s prepaid return label.
8. Alternatively, you can ship the package using your own USPS, UPS, or FedEx, where you will need to bear the cost of shipping. Carter’s urges you to use delivery confirmation or tracking ID to ensure the package reaches safely.
9. Send the package to the following address:
Carters.com | OshKosh.com
Attn: Returns Processing
625 Braselton Parkway
Braselton, GA 30517
10. To ship orders internationally, call Carter’s at 762-232-1399 from 7 am to 12 am EST daily to issue a return authorization.
Carter’s Refund Policy & Process
Carter’s has a clear policy when it comes to refunds.
If you are returning or exchanging a product within 90 days of purchase with the original packing slip, sales receipt, or gift receipt, you will get a full refund for all non-worn, new items. You will get a full refund minus shipping and handling costs for online orders. After 90 days, you will get back refund matching the current selling price as store credit.
If you have misplaced your receipt, you can still return or exchange a product (in a new and non-worn state). Carter’s will first try to locate your order using your physical address, email address, or “Rewarding Moments” information. If they are successful, your item will be treated as a return with a receipt. However, if the store cannot find the receipt in their system, you will be offered a merchandise exchange at the current price.
|Return Window/Mode of Payment||Refund Amount||Mode of Refund|
|Credit/Debit Card/Cash within 90 days of purchase||Full refund||Original form of payment|
|After 90 days of purchase||Refund matching current selling price||Store credit|
Carter’s offers a one-time price adjustment for products bought within 14 days from either in-store or online. For further assistance, you can call 877-333-0117 (toll-free) or 972-265-4128 from 7 am to 12 am EST on all days except holidays. You need to have your receipt ready for a price adjustment.
Return Policy for Defective Products
Carter’s offers a full refund or exchange on defective products. You can also get in touch with the Consumer Affairs department at 888-782-9548 from Monday to Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm CST to arrange a return by mail.
Carter’s Exchange Policy
If you don’t like an item you bought from Carter’s store, you can exchange it at any Carter’s store in the U.S. If the item is within 90 days of purchase and you have its receipt available; you’ll get a full refund. If you don’t have a receipt or it’s over 90 days, you can still exchange it for the current selling price. If a product is defective, you can exchange it without question.
FAQs About Carter’s Return Policy
Carter’s Customer Service Number: 888-782-9548
Q: Can I return my purchase if I cannot find my packing slip?
A: Yes. However, you will be refunded in the form of store credit with an amount matching the current selling price.
Q: Can I return a product I purchased online?
A: You can return or exchange items bought online to any Carter’s store across the U.S.
Q: Can I return a gift?
A: Yes. Follow the instructions on the packing slip to proceed. You will get store credits in return.
Q: What can I do if I am not satisfied with a worn product?
A: You can call Consumer Affairs at 888-782-9548 to send feedback.
Q: Do I need to pay for return shipping if the item I want to exchange is no longer available?
A: Yes. You will need to pay for shipping and handling costs for all return shipments. However, you can choose to drop the item at a nearby store to avoid paying the shipping or handling charges.
The Bottom Line
Like every store, Carter’s tries to take special care of their customers. Carter’s return policy without receipt or with the receipt gives you ample time to return a product if you are having second thoughts. Just make sure not to lose the original receipt or tags to have a smoother return experience.