HBO Max is one of the best streaming services out there, but the thing is not cheap. If you no longer want to be paying for the service, then you would have to cancel your subscription.
The first thing that you need to do is find out who you’re paying for your HBO Max subscription. After that, go to the company’s website or application, find HBO Max in the list of subscriptions, and select ‘cancel’. If you did everything right, you’ll receive a confirmation email.
Let’s dive a bit deeper into the topic and find out when is the best time to cancel and what exactly happens to your HBO Max subscription after cancelation.
What is the HBO Max Cancellation Policy?
No matter how you have signed up for HBO Max, you can always cancel your subscription. Until you do that, the subscription will continue to auto-renew.
When it comes to HBO Max’s cancellation policy, there are a few things that you would have to bear in mind:
- This will depend on your provider, but, in general, you should cancel the subscription at least 1-2 days before the next billing cycle starts
- Your subscription will not be canceled, if you simply delete the HBO Max app
- Once you cancel the subscription, you can continue using the service until the end of the billing period
How to Cancel HBO Max
If you have signed up through the HBO Max application on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV, then you have an Apple-billed subscription.
To cancel through your iPhone, you should:
- Go to ‘settings’
- Tap on your name
- Select ‘subscriptions’ (you might be asked to sign in with an Apple ID)
- In the list of subscriptions, find HBO Max
- Tap on HBO Max and select ‘cancel subscription’
- You will receive an email confirming the cancellation
Tip: to find out what your next billing date is, follow steps 1-4 mentioned above and then tap on HBO Max subscription – you will see the billing date in the info section.
If you were using an Android device, when you signed up for the service, then your subscription is being billed through Google Play.
- Go to the Google Play app on your phone or tablet
- Tap on your profile icon
- Select ‘payment and subscriptions’ and then ‘subscriptions’
- In the list of your subscriptions, find HBO Max, tap on it, and select ‘cancel subscription’
- Your subscription has been canceled, if you have received a confirmation email
If you have an Amazon-billed subscription, it means that you have subscribed to the streaming service through the Amazon Appstore, an Amazon Fire TV device, or an Amazon Fire tablet.
To cancel your subscription, go to the ‘subscriptions’ page, log into your account, find HBO Max in the subscriptions list, and turn off the auto-renewal.
Is It Easy To Cancel HBO Max?
Canceling your subscription online is as easy as it can be. However, if you are subscribed to HBO via a satellite or cable TV provider, you would have to, most likely, call your provider.
Can You Cancel HBO Max At Any Time?
You can cancel the HBO Max subscription at any time, but you should definitely try to do that at least 24-48 hours before the beginning of the next billing cycle. Otherwise, the subscription might simply get auto-renewed and you would have to pay for another billing period.
Can I Cancel My HBO Max Online?
You can choose to cancel your subscription through the HBO Max website.
- Log into your account
- Click on your name (you’ll find it in the top right corner)
- Select ‘subscription’
- Click on the ‘manage subscription’ button
- You will be redirected to another page. Select ‘cancel subscription’ (on the right side)
- Choose a reason why you’re canceling (the reason doesn’t really matter)
- Select ‘yes, cancel subscription’
- You will be redirected to the confirmation page. This is where you’ll find your subscription’s expiration date (that’s also where you can resume the subscription)
What Happens When You Cancel HBO Max?
Even after you manage to cancel your subscription, you’ll still be able to continue using the service until the end of the billing period.
The length of your billing period will depend on whether you had a monthly or an annual subscription. In the former case, you can continue using the service for a month maximum (that is if you cancel right after you were billed).
If you had an annual subscription, then, depending on when exactly you’ve decided to cancel, you will have up to a year of HBO Max still available.
Will I Get Charged If I Cancel My HBO Max Subscription?
Canceling the subscription is free and doesn’t include any additional charges. However, you have to make sure to do that beforehand – some providers can charge you 1 or even 2 days before your next billing period starts. After canceling the subscription, make sure to check its status.
Hint: if you haven’t received an email from your provider that confirms the cancelation, then the chances are high that the subscription is still active.
Can I Cancel HBO Max After 30 Days?
If you would like to cancel your monthly subscription, ideally, you would want to do that after 29 days, to avoid getting charged for the next billing period.
Those who have decided to go for an annual subscription can certainly cancel after 30 days, but the service will still be active until the end of the year.
You might want to try to get a refund for your yearly HBO Max subscription, in case you have been using it for only a month. To do that, you would have to contact your billing provider. Unfortunately, if the subscription was billed directly through Warner Media, you won’t be able to get a refund.
How to cancel HBO Max?
The first thing that you need to do is find out who your billing provider is. After that, follow the instructions above and don’t forget to make sure that you’ve received an email that confirms the cancelation.